So i haven't posted anything about me resigning from my position because I didn't want to say anything until I knew 100% that it was true. I was told by my doctor and Addison's therapist that it was in Addison's best interest to stay home with her until April and then in February I was told it would be in her best interest to stay at home at least the first year and they even recommended until she was 2. The main reason is daycare, daycare is great especially Melaleuca's daycare but, there are tons of germs there and you just can't help getting sick when there are so many little ones running around. Also, Addison needs a lot of attention especially doing her daily routine of specific exercises and lots of stimulation during the day to help develop quicker. I knew what I had to to but it didn't seem possible. It meant that we lost 1/2 of our income, I still keep looking for job postings just thinking OK we are going to run out of money soon but by some miracle we have made it work. We have had to sacrifice a lot and will continue to sacrifice a lot more I'm sure but I will not complain because I wouldn't put Addison in daycare just so I can live a more lavish life. I might not be able to go on as many vacations, buy as many clothes, eat out as much or have a nice SUV that I really really want but when Addison smiles as me, laughs, or rolls over for the first time all that "stuff" doesn't matter anyway. (I'm not saying moms who work are bad and that they are working for wrong reasons, I totally understand some people have to work, I was 100% planning on going back to work until Addison showed up early. I wish every mother could stay at home it they want. I come from a home where my mom had to go back to work to help put food on the tables. Please don't think I'm dissing anyone. I will too soon have to return to work to help support my family)I am really bad at coveting other people's things and being jealous of other people because they are so lucky to have so much but I am truly getting a lot better at that because it is a MIRACLE that we have been able to make this work so far. The only thing I REALLY want is a SUV oh man I've wanted one forever!
We have even been able to make it to a couple important family get together's that were far away. We just got back from California from our little brother Nate's wedding! It was wonderful, we have such great families and it was so nice to visit with ALL of them. I hate to see our nieces and nephews getting older it makes my heart break because we don't get to see them as much as we'd like so when you see them it is a SHOCK to see how much they've changed! I would post pictures of our trip but somehow we ended up losing our digital camera in California and I'm still pretty upset about it, I keep thinking of all the cute pics we took of Addison, especially at Sea World and I could just crawl up and cry for hours but I'm trying hard not to think about it and think positive that it will show up. Needless to say a new digital camera is not in our budget until probably next tax return so I'll probably go buy some disposable cameras until then and scan them in the computer. Hopefully the camera will turn up somewhere!
Back to staying home, I believe in the power of paying your tithing! I can't believe how busy I am even though I feel like I don't get anything done. I couldn't ever imagine getting bored staying home I have so many projects to work on. I've been working full-time since I was 17 years old and part-time since I was 13. So I have 12 years of projects that have been on the back burner!
Sorry for the long boring post but this is my journal and this is me:)
2 comments:
Congrats on being able to stay at home. I know it is tough financially though. When I first quit working I FREAKED out multiple times in a week thinking that we were going to go BROKE! But we have been able to make it through many prayers and budgeting. We don't have the most fancy stuff in the world and if we really want something we have to budget a while for it. It is such a blessing to be able to stay home. I thank Heavenly Father every day. Bless those women who work and take care of their children - I don't know if I could do it. Right now I just know that my work is at home. Some days are long and rough but when I see my little girl learn something new or she cuddles with me it is worth every hour of budgeting.
PS - I hear you on the losing your pictures thing. Last April Chris and I went to Washington DC - and all 400+ pictures got deleted - FOREVER - never to be seen again. I want to throw-up thinking about it! I may just go throw-up right now!!! Wow - that was a long comment - it was as long as an email. Sorry!
It was good talking to you today and seeing how strong little Addison is...she's a doll, you're doing a great job!
Post a Comment