Fill in the blank, because I am beginning to think that anything that the good Lord didn't bless me by attaching to my body will eventually get lost. I have even lost the list of things I have lost recently! Lately I have caught myself going to put Addison's dirty diapers in the microwave, putting an empty cup in the freezer instead of filling it with ice and water from the freezer door, and carrying Jillian's rice bag across the entire house while I got other things, only to bring it back to Jillian without heating it up. Jillian is always telling me that she has asked me to do something or go get something that I do not remember her asking- not even "Oh yeah! You did ask me to do that." I have NO recollection of her ever saying ANYTHING to me. And still I argue with her about things I remember that she says never happened- I'm beginning to believe more and more that she may be right about those things! How early can you detect dimentia? Is there such a thing as early, early, onset Alzheimer's?
All of my little quirky memory lapses culminated last week in the loss of our digital camera! Any other time I would have been my usual laid back self and said "Oh well, at least we got some good life out of it. Let's go find a cooler one," but this time there was a whole week of life still stuck on the thing! Nate and Brittany's wedding, Addison's first trip to the beach and Sea World, family pictures from the first time we've been all together in 12 years! And the worst part is that I have NO recollection of the last time I physically had it- it is beyond me. My last memory of it was two days before we got home, and I just know that I had to have personally touched it, carried it, or packed it since then.
We miss you camera-you've given us years and years, and thousands and thousands of digital memories and the ability to do over because that last shot wasn't just right.
1 comment:
I can attest to this! Steve just recently went to have cereal and he poured it into a cup. Also, I'll ask for something like a diaper and he'll bring me a washcloth! I think he is learning to tune me out.
Post a Comment