Sunday, October 5, 2008
A tribute to an amazing person
This post is going to be about Steve he is truly the most amazing person ever. As I have sat here the last few weeks thinking and watching everything that he has done for me, I just don't know how I was ever so lucky to find him and have been able to be married to him. I never had the chance to meet Steve's mom, she passed away when he was 16 years old but when I get to heaven and I meet her I'm going to give her the biggest hug and thank her for the wonderful man that she raised, only a mother could've taught him the traits that he has. Steve has been so great through this whole bed rest, and early delivery situation. He has long days, most days. While I was on bed rest he'd hurry home from his real job, try to do any errands that needed to be done that I wasn't able to do, make sure that I had what I needed and that I was ok and then head to his night job until about 11:00p.m and then he'd get up and do it the next day. It made me feel so bad the whole time because I just sat there and watched him run ragged and there was nothing that I could do to help (when I tried, I got in trouble). When Addison came it was just amazing to see how he just became this amazing father, he knew exactly what to do and how to take care of her and he made sure that she was taken care of when I couldn't be with her. When we got home again I had to take it easy because of the C-Section so he was taking care of me, helping me to go to the hospital to see Addison plus working on her room because we hadn't really started that yet. So Steve still has his second job so his schedule is go early into work, come home, go to his second job get off there and then go see Addison until about midnight because as he says "you just get sucked in". Steve has just showed so much compassion and love for me these last few months that I never could've imagined. This might to much information but it was so cute. While I was in the Hospital I just wanted to shower really bad it had been 3 days already and I REALLY wanted to shower so the nurse said I could as long as Steve was CLOSE CLOSE by and would watch me because I was still on MAG. So I didn't really understand how bad it would hurt to get up and move and everything since I'd been mostly in bed and a wheelchair the last few days, when I got up and got into the shower with everything attached to me, I started wondering how I was going to shower by myself, but I didn't have to wonder long because Steve knew just what to do, he just knelt down on the floor next to the tub and started helping me wash up, I don't remember if he said this or if I said it but it was funny I think he said it, wow I didn't think I'd have to be doing this for at least 50 more years. Anyways, it was a moment that I will treasure in my memory forever. The nurse actually came back into my room after she saw Steve leave and sat down and told me that most husbands don't do that for their wives and that I was a very lucky woman and that I need to be sure to hold on to him, she was actually shocked, I remember her just sitting looking straight at me and she repeated herself numerous times, "he is a good guy, wow he is really a good guy, you hold on to him". I just hope that I never take him for granted. Steve has really made this whole process a lot easier for me and I feel like Heavenly Father hand picked Steve and saved him just for me. When I was first dating Steve I was very skeptical, he wasn't the type of guy I dated usually, but he was so nice and kind and of course he was HOT!! The first few dates, I was just doing for fun and I really didn't want to get serious with anyone, but there was just something that just drew me closer to him. It was just one day I just knew that I had to have Steve Holiday in my life forever. I'm so lucky that Steve felt the same about me. I'm so grateful that we are married for eternity and that we will always be together. I'm so grateful for our little Addison that she'll be able to be with us for eternity and that she has such a wonderful Father. I tell her every day how lucky she is to have Steve as her dad. I also know that Addison was taken care of in Heaven by her Grandma Holiday and all of our other family that has passed on. I love you more and more each day Steve!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
very nice jill. Steve is a wonderful person. Glad to have him as a brother in law. Love you all.
Aww Jill you make me cry. I love you both so much. I'm so happy you found Steve. You two are good for each other.
I can't believe how big Addy is getting! I'm jealous Jer's going to be able to see you guys. Hopefully I'll be able to soon though. cross your fingers!
You are right about Steve's mother. She is a wonderful person. Uncle Bob was also a wonderful father - especially when the kids were babies. He spent many nights walking and singing to his babies. Everyone always talks about how Donna took care of the babies and Bob took care of the older children, but they were both fantastic at both parts of the job. Aunt Donna was my mentor and I am so glad that you appreciate the good work that she did.
Post a Comment