Thursday, October 9, 2008
Not out of the woods yet
So Addison has been off caffeine since Tuesday which is great, because that means that if she didn't have any problems we would be able to take her home this coming Monday which we are very excited about, but meant that we have A LOT of work to do on her room and our house. Last night I went in for her 9:00p.m feeding I don't normally go to that one because Steve does and I go to the other ones during the day, but Steve was working last night so I went. When I got there the nurses didn't even let me get to washing my hands before they came over and told me that she had a de-stat and a brady or and A&B (stands for apnea & bradycardia) and they gave her the full 20 seconds and she didn't come back on her own so they had to stimulate her to bring her back. So what that means is that she "forgot" to breath and so they always give them 20 seconds to remember and if they don't they come over and it is as simple as patting them on the back, picking them up, or just moving them somehow. I immediately start crying (i'm blaming it on exhaustion, hormones, and just running back and forth to the hospital) so the nurses thought I was mad that they caught it and that we had to stay longer and that wasn't it at all. It just makes me realize how scared I am to bring her home and not have a nurse watching her 24 hours a day. So I explained that to the nurses and they said that is why we'll keep her 7 more days and usually it doesn't happen after that. Usually isn't good enough for me I want a guarantee that my baby is going to "remember" to breath. Anyways, she did great through the night and was doing great when I got there this morning. I'm headed back now but I wanted to ask that everyone still please keep Addison in your prayers. I also wanted to post this cute picture of her when Steve and I were giving her a bath, we were trying to give her old man hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh man how scary and frustrating! I really hope she breathes on her own soon and you can take her home. love ya!
Post a Comment