Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Hinckley.....THANK YOU


I was very saddened by the passing of President Hinckley and I still am, I know everyone has told me that he is in such a better place and he is with his wife, which is really great for him. I guess I am just thinking about myself. Every time President Hinckley spoke I had chills and had such a wonderful feeling, I loved just seeing pictures of him because just looking at him you could tell how much he loved the Lord and how much he wanted everyone to be happy. I had the privilege of being at BYU-Idaho while he dedicated the Hinckley Building and if you missed that wonderful speech by President Hinckley please let me know and I'll try to get you the Cd of it because it was amazing. He was so funny and personable he teased the girls about putting their paint on in the mornings and the boys about wiping the scruff off their face in the morning and then he went on to say don't forget who you are every morning remember you are children of God. He then just broke down into tears and you couldn't help but cry with him as he talked about how much he loved us and that the world was a slippery slope and to be careful. Honestly it was at that moment that a feeling came over me so strong that I could not doubt that this was a living Prophet and I knew what he was saying was directly from our Heavenly Father. I would really like everyone to have a copy of that talk because you have to hear his voice because that is the best part because you feel of his love. I love President Hinckley and I appreciate his service and dedication. I'm very excited for President Monson as well, he has a great personality and is a very personable person, he has the best talks in the WORLD. President Monson and Elder Eyring are amazing men as well and I love them just as much. President Hinckley's funeral will be this Saturday at 11:00a.m also the Temple Dedication will be pushed back one week until Sunday February 10th.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

too bad you guys won't be able to see him but i am sure it will be nice to be at the dedication of the temple. I am hoping we can make the one in Twin Falls :) We will see. I would like a cd of that jill. It sounds awesome.