



My parents drove to Idaho from Colorado to come have Thanksgiving with us. We had such a great time. We did tons of shopping and ate a lot of great food. My parents got here late Tuesday night so on Wednesday we went out and hit some pre thanksgiving sales and went and scoped out what we wanted and then we came home and visited and watched movies and ate. Thursday we had a good Thanksgiving it was very relaxing until it came time to prepare the food which was actually kind of fun. Dad and I cooked most of the food while Steve put up the table and decorated and made room for us all to eat. Mom was workign on her Christmas presents. We had sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry salsa & chips, celery with cheese, olives, mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey, fruit salad and rolls. It was delicious. I made the pecan pie myself that evening and to everyone's surprise they found out that I left out the sugar oops. Good thing we had a pumpkin pie. Steve and mom did most of the cleaning up because I had to sit on the couch and take a break I ate way to much food. The day after Thanksgiving we got up at 3:10am and made our way to Kohl's where Courtney stood in line while mom and I stayed warm in the car. At 4:00am the doors to Kohl's opened and it was a MAD HOUSE, but it was great. Courtney and I took turns standing in line and we were out of Kohl's by 4:27am not bad. We then made our way over to Shopko for the doors to open at 5:00am that was absolute Chaos and confusion and I don't believe I'll ever return there for the day after, it was horrible, we were in line for well over an hour. We finished our shopping around noon and came home for a good nap. THen we went to eat at Craigo's and finished up the day with some more shopping. It was a great Thanksgiving we loved it. Hope yours was just as great.
No comments:
Post a Comment