So tomorrow is the day. Jillian has been training, and working, and setting goals, and intensely focusing for the last ten weeks because she set out to run her first half-marathon. And tomorrow morning she will be running the Salt Lake City Half Marathon.
I could spend all night talking about my newfound respect for the devotion that runners show to their craft, but tonight is about Jillian, and Addi and I are incredibly proud of her!
Just over ten weeks ago, when Jillian came to me and said she wanted to do this, I could tell she was passionate about it, and anyone who knows my wife, knows there is no stopping her passion. So what could I do, but encourage her and reassure her that I would cheer her on (because anyone who knows me knows that there was no way I was joining her!)?
And although Jillian may not see it, Addi and I have seen her growth- she has somehow miraculously managed to maintain her sanity, her relationships and friendships, and our family time while holding religiously to her training schedule. She even took us along for the ride!
One of the things that I have enjoyed most about Jillian's training is the long Saturday runs (something I'm sure Jillian is excited to be rid of (until her next half marathon!). Over the last ten weeks, we would map out her course and measure it the night before, and then Addi and I would meet her along the way to cheer her on, give her water, drive along side her, and celebrate when she made it home. Who knew running brought families closer together?!
So tonight, as I sit on a balcony, 16 floors above Salt Lake City, overlooking the last stretch of Jillian's course, I want to say thank you to the most loving, most dedicated, most passionate partner anyone could ask for.
I promise to keep you posted on how things go tomorrow, and hopefully get some good pictures, too!
2 comments:
Good Luck Jillian!!!
Wow Jill! You are amazing! I don't know how you did it but you inspire me! Glad your race went well and you did so good! WE are proud of you too!
Post a Comment