Thursday, June 12, 2008

Jillian's Quarter Century Party


So Jillian's team from work took joined us for a belated birthday party at Puerto Vallarta, Jillian's favorite Mexican food restaurant. All of Jillian's gifts centered around a bath theme- you see Jillian has a horrible phobia of bathing in a used bath (she is going to kill me for announcing this!). The only bath she has felt comfortable using as a bath was our first apartment because we were the first people to ever live there.

So Jillian's team gave her a metal tub, a duckie and a few other bath accessories so she could have her very own unused bath. They also gave her some cherry accessories for our cherry-themed kitchen. The real kicker was the cake.
The girls used a Baked By Design, a local lady who does incredible things with pastries. We first found out about her when she did Grant and Garrett's birthday cake last year. You can see it on her website- it is the cute hay bails. Everything on this cake was edible- the toilet paper, the duck, the rug, the soap, the brush. It's all fondant, and the details, down to the bristles on the brush, the word "soap" on the bar of soap, and every little bubble in the bath, were so intricate. And it wasn't just a cool looking cake-it was filled with delicious chocolate cake. Needless to say, Jillian's team uses her for all of their birthdays and it is always a surprise what she will come up with.


We enjoyed ourselves and stayed well into the evening visiting, eating cake (yes, we cut into it!), and gorging ourselves on Mexican food. It was a lot of fun!

6 comments:

Elora said...

Happy B-Day Jillian... and VERY cute cake!!!

Candi said...

wow amazing cake! I wish I could make cakes like that. sounds like you guys had lots of fun. That is so great!

Amanda said...

looks really cute and sounds delicious

Surat Diaries said...

Happy Birthday. Love the cake.

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

I hope that you had a great B-day Jillian! How are you feeling? When do you find out what you are having?

Joyful Noise said...

I TOTALLY understand not liking bathtubs that others have used. I could probably count on one hand the number of times when I have actually taken a bath in a bathtub that was older and had been used by other families - every single one of the times was when I was pregnant and HAD to get some relief!!!

Luckily we have always bought a new home so for the twenty years that we have owned a home I could take a soak - but only if it has JUST been cleaned, and I KNOW it is spotless!!!

Thought I was the only one with the phobia...

Cousin Debbie (the oldest cousin that Steve has....)